Monday, 26 April 2010

Fun Weekend

I did a few fun things this weekend.

On Saturday my bf and I went to a bootsale - I've been waiting all winter for these to be on again. It was nice weather, and as it was a Saturday it wasn't too busy. I didn't really get anything but it was enjoyable none the less.
We then went for lunch I had a veggie burger (which was far too spicey for me so I only had a few bites) 2 pieces of grilled halloumi cheese (oh amazing!!) and some Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt for dessert.
After lunch we went to a few charity shops. I brought some photo frames, which I one day plan to paint. In my future house I want a wall filled with photos in fun quirky frames.

Sunday, I finally got to go somewhere I've wanted to go to for ages! My bf and I went to a local(ish) horse sanctuary. They were having an open day so as well as all the lovely animals, there were some table sales and a food stall. As an added bonus people had brought their doggies along.
There were some horses straight away to greet you at the entrance.


Then we had some lunch (I had a vegan hotdog) then we walked around the stalls, my bf brought a game whilst I cooed at the dogs (and also a wondering goose). We then walked around looking at and petting the animals. Although it is a horse sanctuary there are also pigs, sheep, goats, geese, a bull and a cow, I believe they also have on site cats but I didn't see them. Next to each animal there is the story of how they ended up at the sanctuary, it's always so sad hearing/reading about how mistreated some animals are (being left abandoned tied to a lamp post, saved before being sold for meat, or shot as they were no longer suitable for racing) at least now they are well looked after and cared for.
I think it's important to support places like this who work hard to give these animals a happier life.







If you have any local sanctuaries please take the time to visit them and support the good work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment