Friday, 11 June 2010

SATC 2

I like most women appreciate a chick flick every now and then; so I was pretty excited to see SATC2. I had watched the show when it was on TV (I even own a few of the series on boxset) and I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie. I didn't really have any expectations for the 2nd one, I try and not read reviews before a film as whenever I do that I find out everything that happens and then it's ruined. So I went to the cinema with an open mind, although my own personal opinion was that I wasn't quite sure what exactly would be in this film as it was all nicely concluded in the first one.

The movie was enjoyable. It sticks to the usual SATC formula.......fashion/sex/humour etc etc and definitely kept me entertained the entire 145 minutes. However I walked away with a smile on my face but thinking what was the point?
As much as it was a good film and I'll probably buy it when its out on DVD, it really didn't seem like there was much of a story to tell in this movie. It feels like it was just a cash in on the first movies success.
The first 40minutes or so have no baring really on the rest of the movie and it seems certain parts were added in just so there were teaser pictures before the movies release e.g., the wedding- whose will it be!?! and Smith Jerrod- come on who's not a fan.

I don't want to go into the plot too much as I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so here's a brief overview of events:
A wedding
Marriage worries
Samantha has a business trip to Abu Dhabi and brings the girls along
Carrie bumps into an old flame
Samantha freaks out without her pills and potions
Charlotte and Miranda discuss the stresses of motherhood
Problems are resolved
Happy ending

I would recommend SATC2 it was funny and it's nice to have a girly night out, but I would say don't expect too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment