Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I wasn't in a great mood for most of it but it was OK. On Saturday my Bf and I went to a bootsale but it was raining so everyone was packing up, we then decided to go to some charity shops instead. I didn't get that much, just silly bits and pieces (tacky old VHS, 60s skirt pattern, dirty dancing workout DVD, old Incubus CD, This Is Spinal Tap movie book.) Whilst I'm talking about charity shop finds I brought this cute little trinket pot last weekend:
Sunday we went to a local shopping centre, had smoothies and then came home hehe.
Yesterday was just a relaxing day and I watched these 2 movies:
Wolfman for me personally was snooze worthy. I wanted to like it because of Benicio but I didn't. It might of helped if I had paid slightly more attention but that was hard to do. The movie was very slow and without a lot of action. On a positive note the scenery and colour tone of the movie was good.

The second movie we watched was Youth in Revolt. I enjoyed it, although not as much as I thought I would. Obviously I was drawn to it by Michael Cera - I am partial to a geek. This film did have quite a few Laugh Out Loud moments, and it kept me entertained throughout. I'll be buying this one............when it's in the sale hehe.

On a complete side note, there was a quote during Youth in Revolt by a small character called Lefty, he likes a girl but is going off on one about his paranoia on how their future relationship might fail, and he says this:
"we get married have a kid, but he's not good at anything and has no talents"
My point in mentioning that quote is that it's a fear of mine that I'm talentless. Sometimes I try and make myself feel better by thinking that everyone must have at least one talent. It may not be an obvious one (sport,singing,art,cooking,playing an instrument etc etc) but everyone has one. There must be so many things that someone could be talented at right!?!
I'm pretty average at most things. I'm not awful but I'm just not amazing either.
So my questions are:
Do you think everyone has a talent? and if so How can you discover it?


That was random right!?! :)



*Also I've turned off my feed so I can edit some older posts, I hope this worked. Let me know if it did/didn't, that way I'll know whether to bother editing any others.*

1 comment:

  1. Apparently everyone does have a talent, i am yet to discover mine though! I find that i'm really quick at picking up the basics and i think, wow maybe this is my forte! But when it gets to the harder stuff no matter now hard i practice i'm no good. I am quite flexible though, maybe that's my talent!

    ReplyDelete